This is finally becoming possible for me to implement! I have been posting videos and resources on a student website and it has received a very favourable response from my students. They seem to enjoy it for a number of reasons:
1. They can learn on any device at any time or place that suits them.
2. They control the pace of learning by pausing, watching again or viewing linked videos on the same topic.
3. They don’t have to worry about being embarrassed to ask questions in front of the whole class.
4. Their parents can see that they are actually using technology to learn, not just play games and socialise.
5. They attach more value to learning by using videos, blogs and website links than they do to listening to me drone on in class!
6. The reward of self-motivation is much more evident because they can participate readily in class the next day.
There are many more reasons that this is working well, but my favourite is a quote from a student when he commented at the bottom of the video post: ”thank you sir this really helped and taught me a new method.”