The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 47,000 times in 2014. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 17 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.
…”we don’t need innovation. Instead, schools need redemption.
Schools Need Redemption, Not Innovation – Forbes.
Top 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Christmas (And Probably Should) | Spirit Science and Metaphysics.
1) Martin Luther was the first person to decorate a Christmas tree
2) The Norse God Odin was the original Santa Claus
3) Jingle Bells originally had a different title and wasn’t a Christmas Song
4) Mistletoe means “dung on a twig”
5) Christmas and Santa were inspired by Magic Mushrooms and Shamans
SEE THE FULL ARTICLE and the FACTS at http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/top-5-things-you-didnt-know-about-christmas-and-probably-should/#sthash.6gPwIEVh.dpuf
1. Make It Meaningful
2. Foster a Sense of Efficacy
3. Provide Autonomy Support
4. Embrace Collaborative Learning
5. Establish Positive Teacher-Student Relationships
6. Promote Mastery Orientations
For the full article, visit this link: Golden Rules for Engaging Students in Learning Activities | Edutopia.
1. What do you think?
2. Why do you think that?
3. How do you know this?
4. Can you tell me more?
5. What questions do you still have?
via 5 Powerful Questions Teachers Can Ask Students | Edutopia.
A variety of excellent activities for secondary students – involving some very important problem-solving skills and approaches. Each activity shows a clear flow diagram of the skills required in order to tackle the activity (as shown in the example below).
Here’s a snapshot of the available tasks from this excellent website:
Rich learning activities | nzmaths.
Here’s a good idea for a fun mathematics lesson this Christmas. Play these songs to your students and then let them vote and create charts or graphs to show the results. I’m definitely going to try it!
I’ve included the youtube videos for each song (below the infographic) – if you care to join me!
Kenwood_Travel_ChristmasSongs_infographic_2.jpg 1,020×2,650 pixels.