None of us have enough time to adequately study the latest research or find out about all the latest trends in education. Many educators prefer searching online for helpful ideas rather than attending unnecessary CPD sessions. So to save you the time, I have collected a few that I have found very inspiring over the Christmas break. You only have a few days left before you have to return to school, so I’ve included the time each video will take out of your precious holidays. They are not in any specific order, so pick and choose as you please.
1. Is Teaching an Art or a Science
(Dan Willingham) 9 minutes
2. How to help every child fulfil their potential
(Carol Dweck) 10 minutes
3. Making your lessons more effective by using Peer Instruction
(Erik Mazur) 5 minutes
4. Reclaiming the Profession – how teaching is like cooking a steak!
(David Weston) 40 minutes
5. Life beyond levels
(Daisy Christodoulou) 42 minutes
6. Changing Education Paradigms
(Sir Ken Robinson) 12 minutes
7. What do we need to know?
(John Lloyd) 2 minutes
8. The purpose of Schooling
(John Taylor Gatto) 7 minutes
9. What Teachers make
(Taylor Mali) 3 minutes
10. Funny song about teaching in the UK
(AIDA) 5 minutes (warning: some profanity)